The Canon EOS M promotion video - could it be the most annoying advert ever? The Fake Intellectual here has everything he could ever dream of:
- Appartment in trendy city
- Silk scarf and Man Bag.
- Dates wannabe models/ fashion bloggers.
- Makes blueberry pies (blueberries - they're so hot right now!).
- Wears his trousers too short to show off his desert boots.
- Has no DSLR because he is obviously using a small mirrorless Canon with interchangeable lenses (I'm not making fun of that - that looks like it might be quite practical).
So far not particularly annoying..... just run-of-the-mill hipster fake intellectual. What really annoys me are his photography habits.
During the video he takes rather boring close up shots of four tomatoes, an artichoke, a box of maccaroons (maccaroons - they're so hot right now!) and small pastries.
Really?! There is no way he is going to want to look at shots of shiny cakes through shiny glass when he is 80.
But when he has finished his decidedly odd shopping habits he then goes and does the most annoying thing ever.
HE INSTAGRAM EFFECTS THE PHOTOS BEFORE TAKING THEM!
By all means play with your photos after you take them and keep an original just in case the novelty effect wears off, but even if he took the close up tomato shot of the century it's going to go stale faster than the baguettes he forgets to buy.
So what could be an amazing little camera now now just seems really gimmicky and like it's all about pandering to the latest trend. Shame.